Friday 29 May 2015

May.

Hello my loves, 
I realised that it was the end of May already, so decided to sit down whilst I had some time and type up my May faves!
MAKEUP.
Stila 'Kitten' eyeshadow: I believe I bought this around my last birthday, and just never got round to actually using it. This colour is a lovely light champagne colour that can be blended out to give a sheer effect (which is how I wear it), used as a highlight, or used as a block colour. Either way this colour is definitely one that I reccomend putting into your makeup bag!

L'Oreal Paris infallible matte foundation: For forever I have been obsessed with the MAC studio sculpt foundation & was looking for a cheaper drugstore version. I wanted something that was high coverage, matte & long wearing. L'Oreal ticked two of those three boxes for me. This foundation is a lovely matte formula with medium-high coverage meaning I layer this to get the desired coverage for my face. The only thing this is not is long wearing (which is the most important aspect) I use this everyday and have done solidly for about a month now. The foundation can last through college hours & maybe push to church in the evenings (during the week) if I touch up a little where needed and add some powder. However after my trip up to London I was not so impressed. I was on the train home and noticed in a reflection how much the foundation had shifted and how I looked incredibly shiny. All in all as an everyday foundation I love it. Not so much for special occasions.
Models Own 'Lilac Sheen' nail polish: Again this is something I had bought over a year ago but had just found by chance at the bottom of my nail polish box (there are quite a few and I always skip over the purple section) but I wanted something that would contrast with the tan I was attempting (ATTEMPTING) to get. I love this colour as to me it is my 'white' colour. I don't like actual white on my nails for fear it will look like Tipex. Which it doesn't on anyone else I know! However this is just inside my comfort zone to try and pull off and boy do I love pastel colours on my nails!
SCENT.
Mac 'Turquatic' perfume: I have honestly wanted this perfume for so long and although I still have not bought it, it is definitely one of my 'summer products' that I want. This is a lovely fresh scent featuring anemone, lotus, orris and Corsican blue cedar. I love scents that remind me of a certain time in my life. I want this one to remind me of the Summer of 2015.

Maybelline 'Peach kiss' babylips: I used this all the time when I last went to Norway so this scent has a lot of good memories for me. I bought another one this year; purely just to sniff when I feel a little down so I can remember how much I loved visiting Norway last year!


MOMENT.
London: So the other day I visited London & went to the new Lush store on Oxford Street! I don't want to talk about it too much as I would love to put it into a seperate blog post, if that is something you would like to read then leave a comment in the bar below this post!
Les Miserables: My uncle kindly got me tickets to see Les Mis in London this month, as I had been obsessing over going so much! IT WAS AMAZING! I saw it in theatre before watching it on film & although I love watching the film (over and over again) the theatre production will always have a very special place in my heart.


SONG.
Xo ~ The Eden Project.
Good Kisser ~ Usher.
On my own ~ Les Mis.
BLOGGER/ YOUTUBER.
 Elle Fowler (youtube) : Okay so Elle is like the first person I ever subscribed to on Youtube back in the day. I stopped watching her for a while as she wasn't making videos due to the fact that she had broken her back. Now I am addicted again! Her planner videos are AMAZING <3

Kingsley (youtube) : Kingsley's videos constantly have me in tears of laughter. His comments & jokes literally make my life you have no idea; if you prefer a sarcastic tone to a hilarious video then Kingsley is the person to subscribe to.

How was your May? Leave a comment down below :)

Go out and change the world.
Love Char xo

No comments:

Post a Comment